i’m trying to pay more attention to what my Sims do when they’re on auto-pilot and i noticed this today:
* my Sim will autonomously cook fish dishes but she will grab the ingredients from the fridge even though i didn’t stock fish in the fridge. it’s kind of weird, but where else will they get the food?
* i must be the last Simmer on the planet to figure out what the Myshuno game is. i took a new Sim i made (her name is Savannah Georgia and i moved her into Riverblossom Hills) to the community lot and i saw Rose Greenman and someone else playing a game. when i zoomed in closer, they were playing Myshuno and i finally took the time to watch them. it’s just like BINGO. i have never ever played Myshuno with any of my Sims.
* doing the crossword puzzle gains points towards the logic skill. i’ve always had my Sims work the crossword puzzle, but after they’ve gotten a 10 in logic (usually by playing chess)… i had no idea!
* [added 4/20] when you click on the compost bin and select “gather compostable material” and there’s trash on the ground, they won’t pick that up even though you can put it in the compost bin if you click on it.
i’ll add more to this list when i see something new!
Posted in EP5 Seasons, general ramblings, quirks & bugs | no comments » | March 17th, 2007 by daysies
… and i hope some hacks will be made to squash these teeny annoyances…
* when the bugs are attacking the trees (even though, i do have the Lovely Ladybug Loft next to each of them), and the gardener comes (i have the dailygardener hack from Pescado), he/she doesn’t spray the trees. they don’t spray the plants either. they’ll just pull the weeds and water the plants and prune the trees… and sometimes they don’t even pull all the weeds! *grumble* sometimes i leave the bugs alone and sometimes they go away… but sometimes they don’t and i end up having to spray the plants or the trees because i don’t want the quality to go down. if someone can figure out how to stop the bugs from showing up in the first place, that would be even better!
* i planted the trees way after my Sim earned her gold talent badge in gardening… so i’m not sure why the trees get sickly so quickly… like after one day. if someone could slow it down (or prevent it from happening), then i can concentrate on “talking to” the plants and the trees so they can produce mouthwatering fruits and veggies.
[edited 2 Mar 2007: for the above two quirks, TwoJeffs is beta'ing a new hack called "perfect gardens." i'm testing this now. so far, no additional weeds... except i do have one plant with weeds but no option to "tend." and it's still "thriving." my energy is now focused on "talking to" and watering... except i'm not sure if my plants need watering either. i forgot to fire my gardener. hehe.]
* i’d like someone to make me little veggie or fruit signs that i could stick in the ground so i don’t have to spend time mousing over every single one of them. that way i know what plants i have planted and i can make sure i have enough of each… also, i would like these signs to tell me they’re ready to harvest, too! that would be so awesome!!!
* when my Sim is hungry, i’d like for her to grab from the leftovers autonomously (if possible).
* why would they fear getting a boot when fishing? my Sim already got 4 (one of them did satisfy a fear.) i think it’s kinda funny. (as of this entry, she got her 5th one)
* i also turned on “shadows” to high and now i can finally see fish in my pond. i think my pond is not big enough because i can only see one fish. but i can see fish! YAY!
Posted in EP5 Seasons, general ramblings, quirks & bugs | no comments » | March 1st, 2007 by daysies
There is an issue with the CAS that shipped with Pets, Sims 2’s latest expansion pack. If you create a family w/ a pet and then move them onto a lot, your Sims faces will change (see left picture). What you have to do is create your Sims first. Then exit out of CAS. Then go back to CAP and create your pet. In the neighborhood screen, you’ll see your pet all by him/herself and your Sims in another. Move the Sims first. Then move the pet. Voila! Your Sims will keep their same faces (see right picture).
*shakes fist at EA* Thanks for releasing such a buggy EP.
Posted in EP4 Pets, general ramblings, quirks & bugs | 5 Comments » | November 8th, 2006 by daysies